-: Ode Village History :-

In ancient time this village Ode was known as Shepherd’s Prosperous Pranavpuri Nagri. The word Pranav means ohm from this word “Ode” is originated.

 In this modern era it is known as Ode .In the establishment of this village majority of the people were scholars and (Pandits) Brahmins from each and every streets students used to come to study. These students were given the knowledge about astrology and Sanskrit. Four different castes of Gosai people were living in the village at that time.

 Another saying about this village is that there was a king rulling in “Pranav Nagri”, once went for his hunting expenditure seated on the elephant. Meanwhile he found in the bazaar the people of Ode were digging the lake. The king’s eyes sticked on the people who were having giant figure, healthy body and their active hard work. This village ode had only that plough which could lift up 25 kgs mud at a same time this plough was inserted in the land and mud threw above the elephant, because of the potentiality and powers of Ode community the king got impressed and named this village as Ode.

Ode is situated at Anand – Godhra railway station, which is five km away from Ode railway station. It stretches from north latitude 23.37 and to west longitude 73.7 it covers 24,10,719 & a meter area.

The population is about 20 to 22 thousand majority & the people are from Patel community. In other caste Brahmin, Jain, Khadaita, Shri God, Kshatriya Parmar, Christians, Harijan, Barit, barbers, Rohits, carpenters, Blacksmith and tailors are included.

Ode Gram Panchayat was established on 14.12.1940 after the approval of magistrate Mumbai.

Government members of the village were elected in the election. In Ode village there is municipality since 1908. Afterwards Sanitary Committee was established under the direct management of collector he looked after the village’s street lights and other organizations. In 14/12/40 to 29/11/44 late Umedbhai Bhalalbhai Patel and in 29/11/44 to 16/09/52 late Shankarbhai Bhailalbhai was working as a “Sarpanch” of the village. Patrons light facility was started for the first time during their ruling period from 26/01/55 to till today. About 400 electric greed tube lights came into existence. In 1956 Panchayat house was constructed with the co-operation of Sarpanch elected members and Seva Samaj also offered help of Rs. 10,000/- .In the year 1952 December 1st, late Kishanbhai Marghabhai Patel Water Works was constructed near Totla Godess well with the approximate expense of Rs. 3,76,400 from which 50% amount was received as grant . Late Marghabhai Keshabhai Patel donated Rs. 1,11,111/- .The fund was collected from the villages for the remaining amount .Another water tank was constructed before 6 years near Ramnath Mahadev, the expense was given by the villagers and from the grant.

Three lakes are found in the village, in east there is Malav lake, in west Vadu lake and in north Bijasar lake, one step will is in the village (bazaar) built by Shepherds.

Jankidas temple is one of the outstanding temples in the village. Three idols are kept in the temple i.e., Lord Shree Rama, Ranchodrai and Jankidas Maharaj. In that period people from near village used to come for Kanthi to wear (tie).Jankidas became famous for his meditation achievement. The king of Vijaynagar from south offered him an elephant as a gift. There is miracle myth about Jankidas that once he went to Bombay , there English and French had their ‘Kothis’, these ‘Kothis’ surrounded by 85 different fires. Jankidas sat in the centre to attain meditation but he didn’t burn. This incident made the Governor happy and he permitted him to take spears, swords and many other symbols with him. Jankidas gave curse to Malav Lake so this lake remains dry through out the year. Earlier people had to face difficulty in rainy season due to overflow, water entered in the village. Through his spiritual power monkeys even do not enter in the village.

In the middle of the village on Duddheswar Temple’s wall one tree comes out. A red coloured liquid comes out from its cutting. It is existed from the beginning of the village. It is known as Khodia tree. There is proverb that ‘Khodia tree, Khodia Hanuman and Khodia Saint are famous up to Kashi’. Jalaram temple is constructed at Budhipura with the help of village Ode. It is 3 kms away from Ode. It is famous Picnic point and facility is available for functions (like marriages).

Many other temples are seen in the village like Swami Narayan temple, Pastimargiya Goverdhan Nathji temple , Raji temple, Kabir, Godess Ambay, Godess Bhadrakali, Bahuchara, Bala Brahmchara, Godess Verai, Shikhotar, Nilkantheshwar Mahadev temple, Ramnath Mahadev temple, Ramdev Pir temple, Jain temple, Vitthaldas Maharaj temple, Kabir Saheb temple, Pranami temple etc. Along with these two Churches for Christians and two Mosques for Muslims are built. Pramukhswami Maharaj temple and Akshar Purushottam Swami Narayan temple existed in Ode. In 1930 Dharmshala was built by Narsinhbhai Patel (former freedom fighter) who was killed by the police in freedom struggle fight.


Copyrights © Ode Kelavni Mandal. All Rights Reserved.
Website Designed & Developed ByYoung World Infotech (+ 91 98246 46279)